Monday 15 September 2014

A very brief history

I first heard about intaglio type in 2002 from a friend, Linda Neville. We had finished our printmaking degree, and she told me that this technique was something I should check out.
It was fascinating and difficult! I tried to learn by looking at a video (no dvds at that time) and reading a book.

2004 - Workshop in Dumfries, Scotland, with Keith Howard and Friedhard Kiekben. I learned so much in one week! And met some great people:)
2007 - Workshop in Capileira, Spain, with Henrik Bøegh. Fantastic place and great workshop. It is always good to learn new techniques and meet artists from all over the world.
2013 - Workshop in Oslo, Norway, with Bernice Cross and Keith Howard. This workshop I organized together with colleagues at The Norwagian Printmakers Studio. And, ofcours, it was really fantastic!;)

I teach weekend workshops in intaglio type at the Norwegian Printmakers Studio, work on my own prints and run an art- and frame shop in Oslo, E. Gabrielsen.


'Mens vi danser' (While we are dancing), intagliotype/drypoint, 24 x 30cm

No comments:

Post a Comment