Friday, 26 December 2014

The new printmaking studio

The norwegian Printmakers studio moved and have settled in - it is fantastic and will be a great place to work! We are now at Shoddyfabrikken: https://www.facebook.com/Shoddyfabrikken?ref=br_tf


From the photopolymer room. We love this room!



And now some pictures from the rest of the studio๐Ÿ˜Š






The wind decides - exhibition

The wind decides

my exhibition at E. Gabrielsen 15. - 29 nov 2014

A great exhibition opening! Lots of people, music and wine.

























My exhibition was with non-toxic intaglio and drypoints. Here are a few pictures from the exhibition.







Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Exhibition coming up

I have an exhibition coming up - november 15. at E. Gabrielsen Art and Framing
Still working on a few new drypoints to go in the exhibition.



Sunday, 26 October 2014

On the road

The printmaking studio has moved, but it takes time to get it functional again. And that means I have to take a short break from intaglio type, but not from printmaking:)


I was lucky that my friend, and great printmaker, Anja Cecilie Solvik told me I could work with her this week. 
That resulted in a series of drypoints. It was great to work with drypoints again - must be years since last time!

They are all small, 9x11 cm, printed with Charbonnel soft black on Hahnemuhle.









Monday, 29 September 2014

Working title 'Waiting' with Crackle intaglio type

Today I made a fairly large print (50x61cm) doing crackle intaglio type on one of the three plates.
It's been a long, long time since I tried crackle intaglio type, but for this print I needed one of the plates to look old. I did a test on a small plate which didn't work really well, so I just went ahead and made the large one:)

I exposed my image and developed it, then I brushed on gum arabic. My plate was on a hot plate and when the gum arabic dries quickly it crackles. Then I put it back in the developer. I left it in for 11 minutes - which could have been all right, but note to self: have enough gum arabic on the actual image or you will end up with open bite areas.
Now, since I needed an "old" plate, it worked great with the open bite:)

Close up of the crackled plate

 The plate looks pretty bad

The petg plate got all bulky from being on the hot plate

 Close up of the crackled plate, printed

 Detail of finished print

Finished print 'Waiting'
Three plates, Akua intaglio all mixed colours

Friday, 26 September 2014

The Norwegian Printmakers Studio is moving

The Norwegian Printmakers Studio in Oslo where I have worked for the past 12  years, is moving. And there's a lot that needs to be packed, thrown out and packed and....




I cleaned all my Akua intaglio jars with washing up liquid - works great:) 
Yes, first picture is before...






Postcard memories is done:)

Postcard memories is also made with a drypoint plate. This plate is bigger than the paper which means there are no paper-edge in the paper.


Printed with Akua intaglio on Hahnemuhle etching paper.

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Postcard memories

I inhereted a big box of postcard from my Dear aunty Signe.


My project is to make a kite of memories.
I went through an found the postcards i wantrd to use. Scanned them all and prepared them in Photoshop. 3 of the postcards needed to be made into cmyk for 4-color prints.


Some of the pieces - they had to be cut to end up as a kite when put together.


Detail of the print. The print is not quite finished yet, but here is the main shape:


I'll keep working tomorrow. 
I have a plan.... ;)




Monday, 22 September 2014

Construction type

Today I've been working on a print made with construction type.


The background is made with Akua Intaglio, paynes gray and titanium white.


The finished print - it's inspired by a scene I saw this summer:)


Detail of the sails, Akua Intaglio opaque white and diarylide yellow/scarlet red.


Detail of the construction plate.

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Working title; fly

I've been working on a large print, 60x85cm. One plate is a tusch drawing, the background is the spite-bite technique. 


A few obstacles along the way...
The screen was too small and I had to expose half the plate at the time, the developer tray was also too small. I developed half and half:)


The print is made with Akua Intaglio and printed on Hahnemuhle 300gms paper.

Just need to decide on a title...